Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WiP/FMC - Seeing Stars

Big progress on the star quilts on my list this week. In fact, if you consider Swoon a star, that's pretty much all I did.

First, for the Fifteen Minute Challenge, I pieced together Sew Starry's remaining points on Wednesday-Friday, pieced the two middle sections together and figured the math for the solid pieces on Saturday, cut the solid on Sunday, and pieced it together Monday-Tuesday.
How easy is that? Fifteen minutes a day for two weeks, and I have a wall hanging for my sewing nook. That still needs to be quilted... Or maybe a border first?

I have seven rows finished on my sister's Hunter's Star - and more importantly, I cut 120" strips for borders. Continuously. It was a little terrifying - if I slipped up, I would have ruined a LOT of border. But I didn't, and I'm close to the assembly stage!
{lots of trimmings}

Quilt-Alongs:
Fat Quarter Stars - 5/9 blocks - #5 redone this week - my original had too much print. I replaced it with neutral and, eh. It's okay. It's just not very exciting. Maybe the quilt will need a not-very-exciting star.
LQS Saturday Sampler 2012 - 3/36 (caught up so far)
LQS Saturday Sampler 2011 - 10/12 blocks
Quiltville Orca Bay {Skorca!} - almost all of the Ohio Stars assembled!

8 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your stars, they look great! Your fabric choices suit the Swoon block so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of stars for the week! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that big star quilt looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything's looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sew Starry wall hanging looks great! I hope to make one using the smaller squares like you did. Could you share the size of the solid pieces? Math never was my strong suit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the star wall hanging . It so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The large star wall hanging looks amazing !

    Seems you had an amazing week in the sewing department ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had a really good week. Love the star wall hanging and your Swoon block.

    ReplyDelete