Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday - Week 26

{All my pictures look dark, because - thank goodness - it looks like we're going to get some rain! It feels a little off to be happy with a dreary day, especially with the East Coast flooding in the rain, but we really need it.}

The Steelers Quilt top is done! And almost in time for football season!

42/42 Sunkissed Jewel Box blocks pieced. I'm working on the layout - separated the blocks based on the four-patch colors. The first picture is a circle of pink, then grey, then alternating yellow/orange. The second has the circle of yellow/orange as their own halves of the quilt. I may switch out the yellow for green - the yellow is very washed out.

16/25 stars
18/24 snowballs
1.5 rows pieced
It's nice to have a project where layout doesn't matter. I can piece the rows while I finish the four-patches for the last star blocks or the corners on the snowballs. By the time I piece the last block, the quilt will be almost completely together.

Untouched This Week:
Frolicking Pinwheels

Awaiting Quilting:

In Planning:
Cars Quilt (the Dude)
Hunter's Star (my sister)

New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 0
In Progress: 10

Check out more at Work in Progress Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Mom's Tennessee Waltz caught my eye from WIP! What a cool pattern...I've never seen that before. Thank you so much for sharing, I love finding new ideas!

    ReplyDelete