Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fifteen Minute Challenge - Week 2 - & LQS Saturday Sampler Block 7

Thanks to the 15 Minute Challenge, I got the borders on the Steelers Quilt painlessly! If I had tackled it in one day, it would have been more than an hour and very frustrating with all those HST seams. Bit by bit worked much better.
I also pieced my Saturday Sampler block from August during the first fifteen minutes of my sewing day. I still had some seam ripping, but it didn't seem as painful because I could catch my mistakes sooner when I checked it after fifteen minutes.
Well, most of my mistakes. The bottom is correct, with the green and purple HSTs alternating. The top, where they don't, is wrong. Argh! So I have some more picking to do.

See how others are managing their time at Life in Pieces and check out more BOMs at What A Hoot!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty sampler block! I love the pinwheel against the floral lights. (and thanks for mentioning my blog - that gave me a smile) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your challenge this week! I usually find my mistakes when I take a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 6 out of 7 days is doing really well. Glad the 15 minutes at a time is working for you. It really is amazing what you can get done in just 15 minutes.

    Thanks for Linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete