Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekly Progress - Spring Break

The Dude and I had a fun spring break, filled with cleaning and organizing. No, I swear - he had fun! He made a creeper with his closet organizers...very easy to make him happy.

I snuck in a little sewing - I scheduled what will probably be my last toddler-free quilting session for Thursday, so I did a quick inventory on what I could get done.

Answer: table runners. And more table runners. Mostly because the backing is all the same size, so I can sew the ends together and just keep quilting on down. Then I don't have to worrying about loading the longarm again.

And that will give me plenty to bind for a while!

I also pieced all the square-in-square blocks, so now I just get to put together Spin Cycle blocks at my leisure. Nine more to go!

And my weekly churn dash. This is from a doll dress I made for my niece. Yeah. Slim pickings in the purple scraps for favorites! I actually do have a couple well-loved bits, but not enough for a churn dash. I may add them to the RSC'13.

And the only new purchase from Spring Cleaning Week. Most of the shelving here went to the Dude's room, or became a fridge for the play kitchen. This nice big shelf can hold/organize almost everything that used to be crammed into random places, or on the floor.

And that's about it. This week, I need to fix the Dude's Cub Scout uniform - the Blue and Gold Banquet is coming up and he's still, according to his shirt, a member of the Oklahoma council. And of course, the first thing I'm quilting on Thursday is the Little Man's quilt.

But mostly, I'll be waiting on pins and needles for the final approval phone call.

Linked:

10 comments:

  1. Busy Busy, but you look very organized!
    Your table runners look really fun, and I love this week's purple Churn Dash.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah how nice to have organization, if only for a while. I like the colors in your spin cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have lots of pretty and fun things to keep you busy while you wait for that phone call. Love that the little Dude made a creeper - that is so cool!

    One question: where's the kitty shot? :) Have a great day quilting on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are wonderful projects! I especially like to look of the tablerunners. Great use of stripes!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun projects and your shelves look very organized!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those spin cycle and churn dash blocks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't used my Spin Cycle pattern yet..... Along with fabric I buy too many patterns! But yours looks great and I love those table mats and runners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your description at the top is hilarious. I have a loved/annoying standard poodle.
    Leeanna Paylor
    Not Afraid of Color! lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you've been busy! I'm glad you were able to squeeze in some sewing time!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a productive spring break.

    ReplyDelete