Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday - Week 18

My little dude had his tonsils out late last week, so this week has been a mix of lots of snuggling on the couch and lots of sewing time during 4 hour naps. He's eating solid food again and whining about his medicine, so I think he's on the mend.

Charming Wildflowers is close to being pieced. Next I have to decide on border(s). And I have no idea what to do there.
I'm thinking about pulling a couple of the blue/white charms, putting them in opposing corners, and appliqueing a hummingbird drinking from them. But what color border? Both the blue and the pink are along the edge...

Still plugging along on the Kaleidoscope Quilt Along. Can't wait to finish up all the blocks and see them up on the design wall!

I have a couple other Christmas in July projects in the works. 

Untouched This Week:
Steelers Quilt (though I pulled the border fabric out last night)

Awaiting Quilting:
...I think I need to bust out the walking foot soon...

In Planning:
Cars Quilt (the Dude)
Hunter's Star (my sister)

New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 0
In Progress: 11

Check out more at Work in Progress Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. What about a floral print border? I like the idea of the hummingbirds! I love your Christmas Kaleidoscope! Beautiful and a great pattern for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your son is doing better. When I do a quilt sometimes I like to put a thin border of a completely different color between the top and the border fabrics. I like your applique idea.

    ReplyDelete