Friday, July 1, 2011

Christmas in July - Week 1

The Kaleidoscope quilt along is coming along well. I'm making one row less than Elizabeth's design, because I'm tired of cutting I like square quilts. I picked up Kona Bone for the solid.

My second Christmas in July project is a star quilt based on this tutorial. I have four 12 Days of Christmas (Kate Spain, Moda) charm packs to use.
I thought there would be more dark fabrics to make the stars stand out, but there's not much value difference in the blues and greens, as the B&W photo shows. I'm going to do the star points in the red/cream and the centers in the blue/green, so hopefully it will still work.

Moda Bake Shop is also doing Christmas in July - check out past and present ideas!

Quilting on Main Street is hosting a Christmas in July Quilt Along - see what others are up to this month!

0 comments:

Post a Comment