Saturday, December 21, 2013

NewFO 2014

I love a good excuse to start a new quilt, despite the long list of lingering projects. The NewFO link-up lets me justify it. Totally.

Of course, looking back through 2013 NewFOs is a little depressing. Of my original list of six, I started exactly one. And that was in January.

Six of my NewFOs this year were commissioned quilts. Which is awesome, but doesn't do much for my actual FIZ problem.

In February, I did start a completely new quilt {Flirt} with completely new fabric. And my NewFO for December {Celtic Solstice} is also mostly entirely new fabric. Again, not much help in the FIZ department.

So, selecting again from the FIZ...

Road to Oklahoma for my son's foster mother

Monkeys Sleepin' in the Bed for my son - sort of like this one from Moda Bake Shop, but jelly roll strips for the main quilt and just one sleeping monkey. I can't for the life of me find where I originally saw it, though!

Double Hourglass with California Girl - which I saw at the Buggy Barn quilt show!

Spin Cycle with my Bonnie and Camille stash - I added a few fat quarters and a nice background print to the pile over the past year

The wreath quilt on the cover of this magazine

A patriotic Lone Star


Spin City Schnibbles with Pez - I made a test block, but I still count it as a NewFO because it was just one block and it's not even sewn together completely...still...a year later...


Hello Luscious Avignon Picnic

Cardinal Charm Saturday

That's eleven, which leaves me with just one available spot for something completely new. Which means maybe I'll move some stuff from FIZ to UFO this year. And oh, that's a list for another day.

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty ambitious list. Good luck! It will be fun to see these come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally justified. There are prizes, for goodness sake! That's a great list. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - a very full year ahead, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a lot of fun stuff planned. I hope you can get to more of it this year. :)

    ReplyDelete