Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of Month Report - December

Another month with a pile of finishes. It's interesting how much access to a longarm has changed things around here. I think I just seriously dislike getting on my knees to baste.

Finished
{Wow. I have a huge variety of camera angle shots.}

Quilted
Christmas Stars / table runners and pillow covers / Frolicking Pinwheels

I haven't cut any of these apart yet, or started binding/pillow-envelope-ing, but I will. Soon.

Pieced
Finished a pillow cover with my Swoon HST leftovers.

Finished off a top for a baby shower gift for the end of the month. It'll be quilted once the kiddo goes back to school. And I already have the backing and binding prepped!

Piecing
I'm counting this as my NewFO - Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter. I'm not using scraps - I pulled my favorite blue from my stash and bought some excellent complimentary fabrics.

Oh yes, she's Bountiful in her gifts: Sassy, Lovely, a bit Grunge-y, somewhat of a Coquette...

And I picked the border fabric already and it will all fit together perfectly. But the name on that will have to wait until the mystery reveal!

Life
Okay, so...some big news. Our Emigration Permit for the Little Man was approved, AND our paperwork was submitted to court!! After quite a long wait, we are finally in the end game - we have a 3-4 week wait for a court date to be assigned, which will be about 5-8 weeks out from there. But not necessarily, so we are tidying things up in a hurry here.

{I need to start his foster mom's quilt! And his!!}

The Dude is doing well - still obsessed with Doctor Who and Minecraft. We got matching shirts for Christmas...which we wore for the Christmas show. He rocks the multiplication tables.

{CC thinks Nerf darts are the best Christmas present ever!}

We had a good Christmas, enjoyed the in-laws, got most of the presents we wanted. CC is still a pain in the butt...just bigger now. If she grows into her tail, Tycho's going to be in trouble.

I pounded the pavement hard this month, logging 70 running miles - plus bike cross training and body torture conditioning classes. I'm doing this training plan, and I'm pretty confident in hitting my goal pace. 

And I registered for Half Fanatics! I qualified back in March, but Lori and I wanted consecutive numbers. So as soon as she finally qualified, we registered as #5871 and #5872. Yeah, we're dorks.

And that's about it for December. 

Linked:

9 comments:

  1. Wow, so much going on! Excited about the adoption update and man oh man you are really working that longarm. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on all the finishes. The Dude has grown a lot since his last posted picture. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about getting on your knees and basting, that is the worst. Love not having to do that with the long arm. Great finishes! You're making my muscles ache with your training plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know how hard those special dates are, both our boys are adopted. Of course, you wouldn't be able to tell, and half their many cousins didn't realize they were adopted! Nice when that happens. Good luck on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like several people are doing the Celtic Soltice. Looking forward to seeing it a little further along. All your work looks great for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of very, very awesome things happening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a little motivation is there?! Good for you getting so much done. And congrats on the adoption update!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROBLOX is driven by a growing player base of more than 300,000 creators who produce an infinite variety of highly immersive experiences.

    These experiences range from 3D games and competitions, to interactive adventures where players can take on new identities to discover what it feels to be a dinosaur, a miner working a mine or an astronaut out in space.

    ReplyDelete