Tuesday, July 24, 2012

WiP/FMC - Lots of Little Things

So, where to start...?

How about...we accepted a referral for this little guy!

His name is William WooYeong, he's ten months old, and we have about a year to wait until we get to bring him home.

So that's my favorite little thing...but I did do a lot of other little things this week.

Finished:
Nine-Patch Snowball {Well, the top, at least.}

Fifteen Minute Challenge
 I decided to do Big Blue's binding while supervising the Dude's daily homework. {Which is one worksheet page..but also torture. Apparently. And often takes longer than fifteen minutes.}

I've forgotten how nice a hand-stitched binding looks. Need to do it more often. Anyway, I stitched every day but Sunday, and I'm done with 2.5 sides.

In-Progress:
Layer Cake Snowball Fight - all ready to be assembled!

Central Park Sudoku - really doesn't look like it's changing, but all the blocks are in rows, at least.


LQS Saturday Sampler 2012 (12/36 blocks) - despite screwing up my block last week, I could still make this set by switching the green and brown...and then I miscut the green. That's a six-piece 3" square to make into HST on the top of the green pile. Attractive.

Quilting:
Bad Romance - lines all the way in one direction, third of the way in the other. So I unpinned so that I could free up the basting pins for...

Fall-gyle! I'm probably going to need a new category - Quilted Enough So That I Could Baste Another Quilt. Because buying more basting pins would be silly!

Joining:
Picture-Perfect Polaroid Block Swap - searching for a good charm pack, since I don't have access to my scraps!

In-Progress-But-Not-This-Week
Fat Quarter Stars (6/12 blocks)

In-Progress-But-Not-This-Summer
LQS Saturday Sampler 2011 (12/12 & center) 
Chunky Log Cabin (13/20 blocks)
St. Paul's Cross (2/42? blocks)

Adoption:
Application Submitted - 2/12 
Home Study - approved 5/12
USCIS paperwork - mailed 6/12
Home Study to Korea - 6/12
Referral Accepted - 6/12

New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 1
In Progress: 11

10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, for that adorable little boy. :) Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cutie! A year seems like such a long time to wait.

    You've been really busy. Love the 9 patch snow ball flimsy. Congrats on the flimsy finish and all the other progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but I only have eyes for that baby boy! How exciting!! So happy for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of sewing done at your place. Getting my son to do homework is a nightmare he always leaves it to the last minute and while I listen to him whine about it he could have done it 10 times over. Lovely little boy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Debbie, I could keep my eyes off William, you must be so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. does that mean you are adopting him? SOOO adorable!!! I can't imagine having to wait a year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on William :-D Your quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a cutie - do you know where you will be living then?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post to come back too!!! CONGRATS!!!! He's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes, he IS adoreable and i'm happy to hear that the process is moving along. it surprises me how long it takes. bless you for having the patience.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete