Thursday, July 24, 2014

Central Park Sudoku - Finished!

Yet another quilt that languished in several spots along the process journey. It was just waiting for the right pieces, I guess?

It started when I fell in love with Central Park by Kate Spain. But not the animals. So when this Sudoku kit came across my path, I snatched it up. And I showed my mom and she said, "that looks like the horrible stuff we had in the 70s." Woo, modern fabrics!

I adore Sudoku, but keeping it in place throughout a quilt isn't that easy. You'd think it would be, but there was a lot of double checking.

The top was pieced over the summer of 2012.

I bought the borders back in Oklahoma...probably at least 18 months ago? Finally put them on in February. I'm still not positive the dark purple was the right decision. But clearly it's staying. They're both Good Fortune by Kate Spain.

It was quilted with loopy flowers back in March, and then it waited until I would not be able to quilt but still needed a finish. ;)

I had no binding in mind until I was out picking up my machine from its spa vacation at Bear Paw Quilting in May. A tiny skinny end bolt of Good Fortune was in their clearance. I grabbed it and hoped it was enough...and it was!

Photobombing overwhelmed my shoot. 

The Dude took off with it and declared that it was his. All that pink and purple? "Mom. It's minkee." Well.

I thought the size was a bit off - too big for a baby, too small for a lap. Apparently the right size for a boy.

And complimentary colors for the cat.

9 comments:

  1. Jealous you have Central Park! Great job thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mom, it's minky." Man, I love that kid. Totally logical!

    Your flowers look awesome. I don't know what you're talking about.

    I love Sudoku too. We really need to be old ladies in the nuthouse together. With a long arm and lots of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a great finish - Central Park is always a favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quilt. I love Kate Spain fabrics. Fun photos. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Central Park - I made a quilt for my girl with it once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Kate Spain fabrics - this Sudoku is a really cool pattern, I must give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sudoku quilts are such fun, looks great, well done finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe - I am still chuckling at him claiming this quilt. A good piece of Minky is irresistible, though! Pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the finish. I love the shot of The Dude making off with the quilt. I like the dark purple border, it makes a nice frame. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete