Monday, July 14, 2014

WiP - Flimsy Finishing

The month of doing whatever continues, with a bunch of finishes!


First, I finished off the Christmas tree skirt for my sister. Waiting on a backing decision, and I'll probably quilt this at home so I can take it east with me.


Then my aunt made a decision on her final border and I finished up the Tennessee Waltz. And it was totally the right decision. This one will be quilted on the longarm, so not for a while yet.


And lastly, I ordered Wee Wander as a deployment gift for the kids, received it on Wednesday, and whipped it into a top by Sunday. Okay, it's not a complicated top, and it still needs to be trimmed, but I really enjoyed fussy cutting the adorable kids.

I'm going to miter the fabulous border, which I've never done. Debbie {A Quilter's Table} suggested Amy's Creative Side's tutorial - I've read it and I think I'm going to try on something smaller first. I don't want to mess up my lovelies!


And then there's my Weekly Churn Dash. The Dude and I bought this fabric during an Oklahoma Quilt Shop Hop a few years ago. He has pretty good taste.

Jennie {Porch Swing Quilts} is starting a palette linky. As it is Rainier Cherry season out here, I have one red thing on my brain. {Photo courtesy of Rainier Fruit Company.}

And finally, I cut 2.5" strips for a jelly roll quilt while I'm on the East Coast. Jelly rolls are easy travelers! This one is Hello Luscious by Basic Grey, with the cream Grunge from the same line, and it will become Avignon Picnic.

Of course, all these finishes leave me wondering what to do next...

Linked:
BOMs Away Monday @ What A Hoot
Design Wall Monday @ Patchwork Times
Linky Tuesday @ Freemotion by the River
WiP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced
Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ SoScrappy
Scrap Basket Sunday @ Kim's Big Quilting Adventure
Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric
Color Mondays @ Porch Swing Quilts

6 comments:

  1. Lots of fun projects going on in your sewing room. I love the Tennessee Waltz quilt, beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...I know you'll do fine with the miter. It really is a nice touch. And I especially love the tree skirt - really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one kick-ass palette. Mmmmm. Rainier cherries.

    See. Taylor Swift didn't keep you away. But why no Foo Fighters? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours in your Wee Wanders quilt are beautiful. All your quilts are beautiful Thanks for sharing. Happy Stitching :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo, Kate! Way to go! I'm so in love with the kids' top. Perfect favorite-colors of mine. :) And the Tennessee Waltz - that is really neat! Do you have quilting plans for the cream areas? You're still roaring hot at the quilt scene. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Tenessee Waltz quilt is very eye-catching, and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete