Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weekly Progress - Block Party

I am still in the middle of a large t-shirt quilt project, so my normal sewing was limited to random blocks, even though I spent plenty of time at the machine this week. {And plenty of seam-ripping time. Sigh.}

Fifteen Minute Challenge
I did my fifteen minutes of pressing three times this week! Which doesn't make for much progress. I did graduate to a larger box, though, so I'm getting there.

Design Wall
 
All the four-patches are up, and the pinwheels are starting to fill in. I actually have a pile of them to press and trim...I just don't want to!

Progress:
 {Rob Peter to Pay Paul - which I thought was a curved block?}
{Windblown Star - which I really wanted to like, but I killed the points on every single flying goose}
LQS Saturday Sampler 2012 (21/36 blocks)

Boardwalk - five blocks done!


Fat Quarter Stars (7/? blocks) - I always intended to mix blocks from my 2011 Shop Hop Sampler with the Fat Quarter Stars. So I finally sat down, looked through the patterns, and did!
A few of them need to be re-drafted to the proper size, and a few won't work at all, but this 12" log cabin star was the perfect restarting point.

 
Grandmother's Choice (1/2 blocks) - block one, I loooooooove. Block two, I haaaaaaaate. I'm going to try paper piecing it, with different color selections, because it came out so very bad.

No Progress:
LQS Saturday Sampler 2011 (12/12 & center)
Chunky Log Cabin (13/20 blocks)
St. Paul's Cross (2/42? blocks)

Quilting/Basted: 

Adoption:
Application Submitted - 2/12 
Home Study - approved 5/12
USCIS paperwork - mailed 6/12
Home Study to Korea - 6/12
Referral Accepted - 6/12

New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 0

6 comments:

  1. Hehe - I know that "I just don't want to" feeling. :D Flying geese are so easy for me to mess up. Sometimes it just befuddles me how they work out - they should have been just fine, but they go wonkuss. Awesome Grandmother's choice block. Love how the waves run the same way. :) Good luck with fixing up the second block so you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All of your blocks are fantastic! Love love love the fat quarter star block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That presssing is depressing when you have a lot to do. Good that you are making progress. I am too on that front, but it's Slooooooow!

    Love your row quilt and the frist block of the GC BOW. I didn't like that second block either. Good luck with the paper piecing approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow ... such fun w.i.p.s....and ooh-aah - I love the grandmother's choice too!

    ReplyDelete