Saturday, August 25, 2012

Superhero Squares - Finished!

I love a quilt that takes just about a week to put together, start to finish. Probably because I have Quilting ADD and I lose interest in a project after that!

This is a donation quilt, for Wrapped in Hope. The kid requested Marvel heroes, red and black. So that's what I did! The squares are 10" finished and the sashings are 1" each, with an overall size of about 60x48".

I didn't use a pattern - and I actually wanted to have the double sashing on the outside edges, too, but I ran out of fabric. Which is probably why you should use a pattern and not guess!

I quilted it with my trademarked* triple diagonal lines through the blocks, with red thread in the black four-patches and black thread through the red ones.

{*not actually trademarked}

The backing is red minkee; the binding is a red dot from my stash. 

The grass is dead...but I shot these few pictures in between thunderstorms, so there may be hope for my lawn.

The solids are Kona black and cardinal. Both of the superhero prints came from Joann's.


  1. Looks fab - and yay it is finished!! Thank you for linking up to TGIFF this week over at!

  2. It looks awesome. I bet the receiver will be so happy to have it.

  3. Looks great. I'm sure he's going to love it. Probably look at it thinking "this is exactly what I wanted" :)

  4. Awesome it was so quick - that's really enjoyable once in a while!