Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekly Progress - Swapping

My mom was here last week, so there wasn't much sewing. We did do a lot of general house organizing {sometimes you just need someone else to look at the fridge and say, "that weird shelf is for soda cans."}

And we undertook a big sewing/playroom swap. Just rotated everything 90ยบ around the room, so that the sewing stuff lines one wall and the kid stuff lines the other. Now the cutting table has the best light by the front window {bonus: can see the bus stop} and the storage units are right by the TV cable.

Obviously there's still plenty of boxes to be unpacked and organized - but we're getting there.


And I started relearning paper piecing for St. Paul's Cross. Ugh. I remember why I hate paper piecing. My first block was totally off. I've got everything printed to the same scale now and I'm getting better at remembering all the steps. Still, not my favorite piecing method!

I didn't add anything to the design wall this week. {Flirt Marks the Spot}

And barely added to my RSC pile. But I did do the math and I think I need to do 14 of these little blocks each month...which means I'm now 42 blocks behind and haven't even started cutting baby blues!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely, light-filled space you have for a sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to get another's perspective on organizing. They seem to think of things we don't see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice, big room for quilting and play! Love your window for sewing by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely you had some help with house stuff! Love your windows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a nice room. And having your kids stuff in there is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like sewing in a freshly organized space (a rare treat in my world, to be sure!). Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in major envy mode. I adore your windows!

    Even if things aren't all unpacked it looks like you are starting to get back into the grove with the quilts.

    ReplyDelete