Friday, November 16, 2012

Running T-Shirt Quilt #2 - Finished!

Moving right through the t-shirt quilt pile! I have one more before Christmas, and then I get to take a breather.


Sorry the picture isn't the best. I snapped a couple of pics before delivering, but when I went to upload... "No card in camera." I think I need a speaking camera to yell that at me.

This one was for a friend who is not allowed to park next to me at school pick up. Seriously. I'm all proud of my little 13.1 sticker, then she shows up with 140.6 - a full Ironman! The blocks in the top middle {without sashing} are t-shirts her husband and kids made for that. One says "You are an Ironmom!" Love!

One new thing I learned - there was a tech shirt that was impossible to cut because of the sleeves going to the neckline. So I ended up using it with the sleeve seams, and it looks pretty cool.

It measures 80x80" and is backed in black minky.

Linked:

9 comments:

  1. You are really jammin'! I just love, LOVE using minkee on the quilt backs, but they are a bit of a bear to bind, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very cool! You've given me a great gift idea for my BIL! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cool. My kids have a growing pile of t-shirts for this same cause though it will be a while tell it reaches the to-do list.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    http://trackmyshows.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this t shirt quilt, and when I get to doing this, I'm going to ask your advice! I've finished my quilt with the Minky backing, but as Lyn says above, I ran into trouble with the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours looks great! I just finished one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea you won our LAFF giveaway for November. Please email me with the email address you want your gift certificate from Fat Quartershop to go to!

    Richard and Tanya Quilts

    ReplyDelete