Friday, November 11, 2011

Felt Food Friday - Strawberries

Strawberries with a basket!
What? Strawberries are so not in season. This was the best I could do.
I used the Simplicity 2445 pattern, but this is a great tutorial and way easier. I used gold floss with a running stitch for my seeds, and hot-glued the tops on.
The basket is from this tutorial - I used stiff felt in 2" strips. It was actually very easy and I only had to stitch one spot. The rest will stay together on its own. (With 6-year-old play. Can not guarantee similar results with younger ages.)
And I love the blue stripe.

Next week, squash! We're prepping for Thanksgiving dinner in the felt kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for suggesting my tutorial and endorsing it as 'way easier'...you just brought a huge smile to my face. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete